Why Vegas Stronger™ for Addressing Homelessness?
At Vegas Stronger™, Transformational Care involves a comprehensive, trauma-informed, holistic approach that focuses on promoting positive change and growth in individuals struggling with substance use and mental health issues. It goes beyond traditional treatment methods to address the individual's needs, values, beliefs, and goals, aiming for lasting recovery and improved overall well-being. Vegas Stronger™ provides a wide range of mental health and substance abuse treatment services, services at our nonprofit treatment center include but are not limited to: group therapy, individual counseling, peer-to-peer guidance, case management, 12-step meetings, medication-assisted treatment, fitness instruction and nutritional education. Our goal is to help each individual reach their optimal potential and to achieve their goals of improved overall well-being.
The 13 Proven Strategies
- Medication-Assisted Treatment & Recovery: We have a full medical staff on-site to manage medications and offer the highest quality of care to each and every client we serve.
- Counseling & Psychiatric Services: We cater to each client’s individualized needs, as what works for one does not work for all. Here at Vegas Stronger™, we have leading therapists and counselors who tailor each client’s recovery program to their experiences and history.
- Case Management: Our case management team works alongside our community partners and links our clients to housing, jobs, social services, and additional resources here in Las Vegas.
- Urinalysis Testing: We are a 100% abstinence-free based rehab facility, and conduct urinalysis testing on a random regular basis, so that we can all reach the common goal of being clean and sober.
- Primary Medical Care: A client’s health is their #1 investment and our top priority. We have an extensive network of doctors and medical staff on-site and on-call, to assist with all medical issues.
- Housing Support: Getting back on one’s feet is an extremely complex and soul-searching process. Our team is committed to managing the housing process so that our clients can focus on treatment and long-term sobriety.
- Spirituality: Understanding that there is something larger than you is an important part of recovery. Everyone believes something different, and what matters is that you feel the connection.
- Peer Recovery Coaching: Recovery is a challenging road that requires guidance and assistance from mentors and peers in the recovery community.
- Recovery Meetings: We recommend that each client should work with a Sponsor regarding the Steps.
- Self-Care Salon Services: “Look good feel good” is our Sober Salon’s slogan. We are equipped to give you the freshest cuts, so you can show the world your best both inside and out.
- Fitness & Yoga: Physical fitness has been proven to help in all aspects of one's physical and mental wellbeing. We offer pro fitness classes taught by a former professional athlete, along with personalized one-on-one sessions and yoga multiple times per week. Our Health & Wellness Coach Jo Thomas is a firm believer that getting clean and sober is a multi-step process. We must address the issue as a whole, starting with basic physical exercise & nutrition. When using and abusing we are DEPLETING our serotonin & dopamine and we all need to learn healthy ways to replace them.
- Nutritional Services: One of the only ways of increasing those is through our gut (nutrition) & physical exertion. At Vegas Stronger™, we offer our clients classes, individual sessions, and one-on-one nutritional education.
- Service to Others: When breaking bad habits, it is vital to replace them with positive and healthy new ones, that will have a lasting impact on one’s overall well-being and state of mind. Being of service to others helps us stay accountable, stay happy, and help others!
Our program offers cooking classes, food shopping excursions, how to shop on a budget and more. We are proud to give our clients actual life skills, so that they graduate from our program and can live a healthy and happy life.
Transformational Care Components
- Individualized Treatment Plans: Tailor treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each individual, considering their substance use history, mental health diagnosis, personality, strengths, weaknesses, and goals.
- Holistic Assessment: Conduct a thorough assessment of an individual's physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being to identify all underlying issues contributing to their substance use and mental health problems.
- Empowerment and Informed Decision-Making: Involve individuals in their treatment planning and decision-making processes, empowering them to take responsibility for their recovery journey and set achievable goals.
- Person-Centered Care: Place the individual at the center of care, respecting their autonomy and involving them in the development of a care plan that aligns with their values, preferences, and cultural background.
- Trauma-Informed Care: Recognize and address the impact of trauma on an individual's substance use and mental health, integrating trauma-informed practices into treatment to create a safe and supportive environment for healing.
- Integrated Care Approach: Coordinate and integrate mental health, substance use, and medical services to provide a comprehensive and cohesive approach to treatment, addressing both the addiction and the co-occurring mental health conditions simultaneously.
- Motivational Interviewing and Counseling: Utilize motivational interviewing techniques and counseling sessions to enhance an individual's motivation and readiness for change, encouraging them to set achievable goals and make positive behavioral changes.
- Evidence-Based Practices: Implement evidence-based treatment modalities such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Lifestyle Changes and Skill Development: Provide education and support for healthy lifestyle changes, including stress management, nutrition, exercise, and vocational training to enhance an individual's overall well-being and resilience.
- Peer Support and Community Engagement: Encourage participation in peer support groups and community engagement activities to foster a sense of belonging, reduce isolation, and provide ongoing support in the recovery process.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Relapse Prevention: Establish a system for ongoing assessment, monitoring, and relapse prevention to ensure individuals have the necessary tools and support to maintain their recovery beyond the treatment period.
- Continuous Improvement and Evaluation: Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment program, gather feedback from individuals, families, and staff, and make necessary improvements to enhance the quality and impact of the care provided.
By implementing these strategies, Vegas Stronger™ has created a transformative care environment that supports individuals on their journey to recovery and improved mental health.